PART III. Objections answered
Obj. 1. The church is the school of Christ.
2. Israel was God's people.
3. Jews partook of the Passover
4. Jolin's disciples made no profession of piety
5. Many are called, but few chosen
6. Wheat and tares grow together.
7. Case of Judas..
8. No certain rule given .
9. If grace be required, it must be known
10. Perplexity occasioned.
11. All duties of worship holy.
12. Tendency of the Lord's Supper
13. God does not require impossibilities:
14. Unsanctified persons may live as saints
15. Better admit hypocrites than esclude saints
16, Hypocrites will be admitted
17. True saints doubt of their state.
18. Men's opinion of themselves no criterion
19. Infant bapti:m .
20. Some have been converted at the sacrament.
Appendix, Mr. Foxcroft's letter .
IV. REPLY TO WILLIAMS.
PART I. Misrepresentations of Mr. Williams
Sect. 1. What is the question ?
2. Degree of evidence
PART II. Mr. Williams's scheme
Sect. 1. His concessions.
3. Of ungodly mer's compruning
4. Of an indeterminate profession
5. Mr. W. inconsistent i idr Wr: Stoddard.
6. Visibility without probrzility :
7. A converting ordinance
8. Of Sincerity
9. Public covenanting
PART III. Exceptionable mode of reasosting
Sect. 1. Method of disputing :
3. Irrelevant arguments
4. Extraordinary notions.
5. Assertions instead of arguments .
6. Sacramental actions .
7. Begging the question
8. Mr. W. begs the question.
9. Mr. W. is inconsistent with himself
10. Other inconsistencies .
11. Arguments hostile to both sides.
12. The passover and circumcision
13. Of Judas's communicating
14. Of being born in covenant .
15. Of coming without a known right
16. Tendency to perplexity
17. Of commanding to partake.
Appendix. A letter to the people of Northampton.