« AnteriorContinuar »
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
THE STATE BOARD OF CHARITIES...
Commissioners and officers of the Board.
Article 1. Short title: definitions (§§ 1-2).
2. State Board of Charities (§§ 3-20).
3. State Charities Aid Association (§§ 30-32).
4. Regulation of State charitable institutions (§§ 40-52)
5. Syracuse State Institution for Feeble-Minded Children (§§ 60-
6. State Custodial Asylum for Feeble-Minded Women (§§ 80–83)..
7. Rome State Custodial Asylum (§§ 90-95).
8. Craig Colony for Epileptics (§§ 100-115, 117).
9. New York State Hospital for the Care of Crippled and Deformed
10. New York State Hospital for the Treatment of Incipient Pul-
monary Tuberculosis (§§ 150-163).
12. House of Refuge and Reformatory for Women (§§ 220-233)
13. New York State Woman's Relief Corps Home (§§ 250-257).
17. Aged, decrepit and mentally enfeebled persons (§§ 320-324)
22. General provisions applicable to charitable institutions (§§ 450-
Public buildings generally - Fire protection of public buildings.
Deposit in banks of moneys received by State institutions.
Annual inventory and report of institutions.
Statements, of accounts not rendered, of accounts rendered.
Indebtedness not to be contracted without appropriation.
Specific appropriation not to be used for other purposes.
Statement of desired appropriations to be filed with comptroller.
Duty of comptroller as to tabulation of statements....
Article 6. Guardians (§§ 86-88)...
7. The adoption of children (§§ 110-118).
Peace officers, when required by any person, to carry vagrant before a
magistrate for examination.
Vagrant, when to be convicted; form of certificate of conviction.
Certificate to constitute record of conviction, and to be filed; commitment
Arrest of vagrants; private citizens may do so without warrant.
Peace officer may require aid; duty of persons required to aid him.
Neglect or refusal to aid peace officer, without lawful cause, a misdemeanor ;
Magistrate may depute an elector of the county to make an arrest of a per-
son disguised; if his name be not known, fictitious name may be used.. 494
Order to compel a person to support poor relatives, et cetera.
Order to prescribe time during which support is to continue, or may be
Parents leaving their children chargeable to public, how proceeded against. 501
PROBATION OFFICERS (Criminal Code, §§ 11-a, 483, 487, 554, sub. 4, 910,
Gifts and bequests of personal property for charitable purposes.
Certain educational and other charitable uses authorized.
Certain gifts for charitable and educational uses regulated.
4. Commitment, custody and discharge of the insane (§§ 80-99).. 676
6. Matteawan State Hospital for insane criminals (§§ 130-145).. 704
7. Dannemora State Hospital for insane convicts (§§ 150-163)... 712
Approval of plans for certain works built by State, and inspection of State
Consents requisite to the establishment of hospitals or camps for the treat-
Prohibiting occupancy until order of health officer is complied with.
Prohibiting carelessness of a person having tuberculosis....
Providing that physicians shall make a complete statement of procedure
and precautions on a blank to be furnished by the health officer..
Penalty for failure of physician to perform duties or making false reports.