« AnteriorContinuar »
AUTOBIOGRAPHY, CORRESPONDENCE, REPORTS, MESSAGES,
ADDRESSES, AND OTHER WRITINGS, OFFICIAL
PUBLISHED BY THE ORDER OF THE JOINT COMMITTEE OF CONGRESS ON THE LIBRARY,
FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS,
DEPOSITED IN THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE.
WITH EXPLANATORY NOTES, TABLES OF CONTENTS, AND A COPIOUS INDEX
Entered, according to Act of Congress, in the year 1853, by
In the Clerk's Office of the District Court for the District of Columbia.
1. Extract from Diary relative to invasion of Virginia in 1780, 1781,
2. Memorandum relative to invasion of Virginia in 1780, 1781, 220.
3. Instructions to the Ministers Plenipotentiary appointed to negotiate
treaties of peace with the European nations, 1784, 226.
4. Report of a conference with the Count de Vergennes on the subject
5. Answers of Mr. Jefferson, to questions propounded to him by M. de
6. Answers to propositions propounded by M. de Meusnier, Jan. 24,
7. Notes on M. Soule's Work, 293.
8. Observations on a letter of M. de Calonnes to Mr. Jefferson, Oct. 22,
9. Proposals for concerted operations among the powers at war with
the piratical States of Barbary, 308.
11. Memoranda taken on a journey from Paris to the Southern parts
of France and Northern parts of Italy in 1787, 313.