« AnteriorContinuar »
Entered according to act of Congress, in the year 1848,
BY J. J. ORMOND, In the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States for the
Middle District of Alabama.
THE SUPREME COURT,
DURING THE TIME OF THESE DECISIONS.
HENRY W. COLLIER, CHIEF JUSTICE.
ASSOCIATE JUSTICES. WILLIAM P. CHILTON,* * Elected to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of Judge Ormond, 31st December, 1847.
M. A. BALDWIN, ATTORNEY GENERAL.
ADOPTED BY THE JUDGES OF THE SUPREME COURT,
6th March, 1848.
1. All transcripts of Records hereafter sent to this Court, shall be on paper of uniform size, according to a sample to be furnished by the Clerk of this Court, with a blank margin at the top, bottom and sides of each page, exactly conforming in width to those marked on the sample.
2. Each transcript shall conform in all respects to the 19th of the Rules, for the Regulation of Practice in the Supreme Court, as found in Clay's Digest, p. 607. The transcripts all be fastened together on the left side of the page, by ribbon or tape, so that the same may be secure, and every part conveniently read.
3. The transcript shall be written in a fair, legible hand, and each paper or order composing such transcript, shall constitute at least one paragraph.
4. No paper less than the sample furnished shall form a part of such transcript, and the space within the margin shall be filled with writing or printing, leaving appropriate spaces between the paragraphs.
5. No Record which does not conform to these Rules, shall be received and docketed by the Clerk of this Court.
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
Ala. Life Ins. 9. Trust Co. and Gee 579 Carroll and wife v. Brumby, admr...102
Baber and Scott
.182 Chapman v. Glassell
Mobile v. Ford.... 431 Cock v. Campbell & Smith.
Barney v. Earle, et al
..106 Collins and Cartright and Harris, as.
Benford y. Daniels
,424Dean and Johnson v. The Governor 526
419 Dement, et al. v. Admr of Boggess.140
Broughton and Adams, admr, 731| Driver v. Clarke & Givens........ ..192
.731 Driver and Heirs of Brewton ...826
Brown and Weed & Co.
.346 Dunn and Nelson & Hatch.. .259
.413 Earle, et al. and Barney .... ..106
Easton and Crutchfield
.787 Judge 9th Circuit and Spence,
Foster & Battelle v. Johnson.. .379 King v. Shackleford
Gibson and Hatchett & Bro. 587 Lockhart and Massey and Myatt ..338
Goodwin v. McCoy
.271 Lyle and House and Brasher and
Greenlee v. Gaines
Hall v. Chenault
Hansell and McGehce, admr,.. 17 McClanahan, ex’r, and Watson, et al. 57
Harris and Haygood ....
65 McGaha and Parker and wife
Harwell and Wilkins, et al.... .660 McKeagg v. Collehan.
65 McMath and Turnipseed
Heirs of Brewton and Driver .826 Moore f- Cocke v. Bell...
.310) Morgan and Brewer and Holly ..551
.529 Mullins and Barefield and Town of
Hodges v. The Br. B’k at Montg'y...455 Murphy & Brock v. Andrews & Br. 708
Hudson and Reed.....
Hutchinson - Scott and city Monty 573 Parker and Dubose
Isbell v. Brown
Irvine, et al. and McKinley. .681 Phelan v. Phelan, et als
Jones & Allen and Burk's adm'r ...167 Posey et al and Donelson's adm'r ..752