« AnteriorContinuar »
For An International Trade Organization
Article 63. Additional Principles governing Commodity Control Agree-
Article 73. Structure .....................
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Article 1 RECOGNIZING the determination of the United Nations to create conditions of stability and well-being which are necessary for peaceful and friendly relations among nations,
THE PARTIES to this Charter undertake in the fields of trade and employment to co-operate with one another and with the United Nations
For the purpose of
REALIZING the aims set forth in the Charter of the United Nations, particularly the attainment of the higher standards of living, full employment and conditions of economic and social progress and development, envisaged in Article 55 of that Charter.
TO THIS END they pledge themselves, individually and collectively, to promote national and international action designed to attain the following objectives:
1. To assure a large and steadily growing volume of real income and effective demand, to increase the production, consumption and exchange of goods, and thus to contribute to a balanced and expanding world economy.
2. To foster and assist industrial and general economic development, particularly of those countries which are still in the early stages of industrial development, and to encourage the international flow of capital for productive investment.
3. To further the enjoyment by all countries, on equal terms, of access to the markets, products and productive facilities which are needed for their economic prosperity and development.
4. To promote on a reciprocal and mutually advantageous basis the reduction of tariffs and other barriers to trade and the elimination of discriminatory treatment in international commerce.
5. To enable countries, by increasing the opportunities for their trade and economic development, to abstain from measures which would disrupt world commerce, reduce productive employment or retard economic progress. 6. To facilitate through the promotion of mutual understanding,