Nearly eighteen hundred different bird species--one fifth of the world's birds--have been recorded in Peru. Birds of Peru is the most complete and well-researched field guide to this rich and fascinating diversity. It illustrates every one of the 1,792 species and shows the distinct plumages of each. It includes 304 superb, high-quality color plates directly opposite concise descriptions and color distribution maps, making it much easier to use in the field than standard neotropical field guides. The detailed text discusses key identification features, status, distribution, and vocalizations for all species, and many subspecies.
This field guide enables users to identify all species found in Peru, and is also useful throughout much of western South America, particularly southeastern Colombia, southern Ecuador, western Brazil, Bolivia, and northern Chile.
Birds of Peru is an indispensable resource for birdwatchers, biologists, naturalists, and conservationists working or traveling in Peru and South America.
- The most complete and well-researched field guide to the 1,792 species of birds found in Peru
- 304 superb, high-quality color plates directly opposite concise descriptions and full-color distribution maps for quick reference and easy identification
- Distinct plumages, subspecies, sexes, age classes, and morphs fully illustrated
- Detailed text discusses key identification features, status, distribution, and vocalizations
- Designed especially for field use-compact, portable, and user-friendly